A convenient four-wire serial interface can be connected to all common microprocessors. Each data can be addressed without any need to overwrite all displays when updating. The MAX7219 also allows the user to choose whether to encode or not encode each data.
- the MAX7219 is an integrated serial input/output common-cathode display driver, which is connected to the microprocessor
- 8 digit 7 -segment digital LED display, may be connected to a bar graph display, or 64 separate LED
- It includes an on-chip B -type BCD encoder, multi-channel scan loop, segment word driver, and an 8*8 static RAM to store each data
- Only one external register is used to set the segment current of each LED.
- The entire device includes a 150μA low-power shutdown mode, analog, and digital brightness control, a scan limit register that allows the user to display 1-8 bits of data, and a detection mode that allows all LEDs to illuminate.
- It requires only 3 Ge IO ports to drive 1 dot matrix! No flicker when the dot matrix is displayed! Support cascading!
- A single module can drive an 8*8 common cathode matrix
- Module working voltage: 5V
- Module size: length 3.2 cm X width 3.2 cm X height 1.5 cm
- With 4 fixing screw holes, 3mm aperture can be fixed with M3 copper column
- Module with input and output interface, supporting multiple module cascade
- The left side of the module is the input port and the right side is the output port.
- When controlling a single module, you only need to connect the input port to the CPU.
- When multiple modules are cascaded, the input of the first module is connected to the CPU, the output is connected to the input of the second module, the output of the second module is connected to the input of the third module, and so on...
Take 51 MCU as an example:
- · VCC → 5V
- · GND → GND
- · DIN → P20
- · CS → P21
- · CLK → P22
- VCC and GND are not reversed to avoid burning the chip!
- When using the P0 port control of 51 MCU, the pull-up resistor must be connected. The recommended resistance is 4.7K--10K.
- Insert the dot matrix into the hole holder first, and then insert the hole holder into the PCB board for soldering. Point the side of the dot with the word toward itself. The order of the face from left to right is 123456. The first leg of the PCB is a square pad!
1XMAX7219 Dot matrix module MCU control unit LED display module